About this book
Beneficial properties of graphitic carbon nitride (gCN) have been discovered in recent years during the promotion of its visible‐light‐driven photocatalytic activity for water splitting. Applications of gCN have flourished in such fields as renewable energy production and environmental remediation, while gCNs have been explored to serve as electrocatalysts, electronic and photoelectronic devices, non-volatile memory devices, anodes in lithium‐ion batteries, and platinum supports in polymer electrolyte fuel cells.
This book covers recent advances in the rational design and characterization of gCN nanostructures for energy and environmental remediation, and discusses achievements in fabrication approaches of gCN nanostructures using various chemical and physical approaches. It highlights recent advances in the theoretical and experimental development of novel multidimensional nanoarchitectonics of gCNs along with insight into catalytic energy production, energy storage, and environmental remediation. Practical applications and utilization of gCN based devices are also discussed.
With contributions from leading global researchers, this title will appeal to graduate students and researchers in nanoscience, chemistry, chemical engineering and materials science who are interested in developing new gCN materials or devices.
- Recent Advances in the Controlled Design of One-dimensional gCNs for Thermal CO Oxidation Reactions
- Graphitic Carbon Nitrides-based Chemiluminescent Systems for Different Ions Detection
- Template-based Fabrication of Porous Carbon Nitride for Electrochemical Energy Storage
- Graphitic Carbon Nitride Nanostructures as Potent Catalysts for Water Splitting: Theoretical Fundamental Insights
- Graphitic Carbon Nitride-polymers Hybrids: A Win-win Combination with Advanced Properties for Different Applications
- Graphitic Carbon Nitride for Corrosion Applications
- Hybrid Graphitic Carbon Nitride (gCNs)-based Devices for Energy Storage and Production
- Emerging Applications for Graphitic Carbon Nitride-based Materials: CO2 Reduction as a Case Study
- Combination of Carbon Nitride and Semiconductors for Enhancement the Photocatalytic Degradation of Organic Pollutants and Hydrogen Production
The print version of this book is planned for release on 07 July 2021. Information about this book is subject to change without notice.Pre-order hardback £169.00 *
Dr. Kamel Eid received his BS in special chemistry from Al-Azhar University, A.R. Egypt in 2005, M.Sc. in applied chemistry from Helwan University, A.R. Egypt in 2011, and a Ph.D. from Changchun institute of applied chemistry, Chinese academy of sciences, P.R. China in 2016. He has more than 12 years of experience in academia and industry allowed him to work at the American University in Cairo, University of Chinese academy of sciences, Zhejiang University of technology, and Qatar University. He is now working in the center for advanced materials, Qatar University as a research fellow and as a visiting research fellow at RMIT University, Australia.
Dr. Aboubakr M. Abdullah is currently the Hydro/Qatalum Chair Professor at the Center for Advanced Materials at Qatar University since 2017. He has more than 26 years of experience in chemistry and materials science and engineering Research & Development, Industrial consultations, and project management since.