About this book
Drawing on the continued wealth of photochemical research, this volume combines reviews on the latest advances in the field with specific topical highlights. Starting with periodical reports of the recent literature on physical and inorganic aspects, light induced reactions in cryogenic matrices, properties of transition-metal compounds, time-resolved spectroscopy, the exploitation of solar energy and the molecules of colour. Coverage continues with highlighted topics, in the second part, from photoresponsive hydrogels, the tunable photoredox properties of organic dyes, light-driven asymmetric organocatalytic processes, dual gold–photoredox catalysis, the preparation and characterization of photosensitizers for triplet–triplet annihilation photon upconversion and the role of photochemistry on traditional synthetic processes.
This volume will include for the first time a section entitled ‘SPR Lectures on Photochemistry’, providing examples for academic readers to introduce a photochemistry topic and precious help for students in photochemistry.
Providing critical analysis of the topics, this book is essential reading for anyone wanting to keep up to date with the literature on photochemistry and its applications.
- Introduction of the Year 2018
- Light Induced Reactions in Cryogenic Matrices (Highlights 2017-2018)
- Review of Laser Flash Photolysis of Organic Molecules (2015-2018)
- Dynamics of Photoinduced Bulk and Surface Reactions Involving Semiconductors Characterized by Time Resolved Spectroscopy Techniques (2015-2018)
- Photobiological Systems Studied by Time-resolved Infrared Spectroscopy (2015-2018)
- The Molecules of Colour and Art. Molecules with History and Modern Applications
- Photophysics of Transition Metal Complexes (2017-2018)
- Photochemistry of Transition Metal Complexes (2017-2018)
- Recent Advances in Photocatalytic Water Splitting and Hydrogen Generation (2015-2018)
- Tailoring the Photoredox Properties of Organic Dyes
- Impact of Visible-light Photoredox Catalysis on Traditional Synthetic Protocols
- Photochemistry and Excited-State Reactivity of Organocatalytic Intermediates
- Photoresponsive Hydrogels
- Photon Upconversion Through Triplet-triplet Annihilation
- Light Activation of Gold Complexes
- Molecular Photoswitches: Fundamentals and Applications of Diarylethenes
- Singlet Fission: The Role of Molecular Packing
The print version of this book is planned for release on 26 September 2019. Information about this book is subject to change without notice.Pre-order hardback £314.95 *