About this book
Providing an introduction to the use of nutrition and health claims, this book explores these claims around the world and the impact of the different legislations on consumers as well as likely developments in the future. As nations tackle the food and health issues of the 21st century, this book will provide a single source drawing together all of these topics.
In recent years, nutrition and health claims displayed on food packaging have become more regulated with the dual aims of protecting consumers from false claims and promoting consumption of foods with proven health benefits. Edited by Siân Astley, with contributions from renowned experts, chapters describe the legislation underpinning nutrition and health claims globally, explain the permitted use of claims globally in theory and practice and explore differences between the various legislative frameworks.
This book will be of interest to those involved in food health and dietary impact research, as well as food manufacturers, legal and healthcare students with an interest in food, nutrition, bioactive compounds and human health.
- European food information regulations: Recent developments
- Impact of health claims regulations on the food industry and future innovation potential
- Health claims regulation: Opportunities and challenges in Europe
- Use of nutrition and health claims and symbols on pre-packed foods in Europe: From consumer exposure to public health implications
- Supporting the European Food Industry to Meet Nutrient Labelling Regulations
- Measuring the effects of health claims and symbols: the CLYMBOL methodological toolbox
- Food allergen labelling regulation
- The impact of ‘labelling’ on the beliefs, attitudes, and behaviours of consumers with food allergy: A multilevel perspective
- Food Labelling Practices in North America: Canada and the US
- Supporting food health claims in New Zealand’s regulatory environment
- Latin American food labelling: Review and recent developments
The print version of this book is planned for release on 09 December 2019. Information about this book is subject to change without notice.Pre-order hardback £149.00 *
Siân Astley has worked extensively with individuals and organisations throughout Europe from a variety of disciplines and is author of more than 300 popular science articles for magazines and trade publications as well as 27 peer-reviewed papers. She was awarded her Diploma in Science Communication in 2009 (Birkbeck University of London), after 14 years as a bench-scientist. Dr Astley was the European Communications Manager for the Institute of Food Research in Norwich (UK) until April 2012. Currently, she is a Senior Research and the Communications Manager for the European Food Information Resource (EuroFIR AISBL), an independent science communicator, and an editor for Food Chemistry.