About this book
Combining the basic concepts of photocatalysis with the synthesis of new catalysts, reactor and reaction engineering, and exploring the numerous important applications of photocatalysis, these books provide a comprehensive resource on the topic. Photocatalysis: Fundamentals and Perspectives introduces the fundamental aspects of photocatalysis before exploring the theory and experimental studies of charge carrier dynamics. Photocatalysis: Applications discusses photocatalytic processes applied to a wide range of areas, from the treatment of water and air; to photocatalysis in food packaging and biomedical and medical applications. Together these books provide a complete overview to photocatalysis. Researchers new to this field can learn the first principles, whilst experienced researchers can gain further information about applications of photocatalysis beyond their area of expertise.
- Photoelectrochemistry: From Basic Principles to Photocatalysis
- Understanding the Chemistry of Photocatalytic Processes
- Current Issues Concerning the Mechanism of Pristine TiO2 Photocatalysis and the Effects on Photonic Crystal Nanostructures
- Specificity in Photocatalysis
- Photoexcitation in Pure and Modified Semiconductor Photocatalysts
- New Concepts in Photocatalysis
- Kinetic Processes in the Presence of Photogenerated Charge Carriers
- Traps and Interfaces in Photocatalysis: Model Studies on TiO2 Particle Systems
- Interplay Between Physical and Chemical Events in Photoprocesses in Heterogeneous Systems
- New Materials for Degradation of Organics
- New Materials for Water Splitting
- New Materials for CO2 Reduction
- Fundamentals of Radiation Transport in Absorbing Scattering Media
- Photocatalytic Reactor Design
- Photocatalytic Reactor Modeling
- Photocatalytic Degradation of Organic Contaminants in Water: Process Optimization and Degradation Pathways
- Photocatalytic Removal of Metallic and Other Inorganic Pollutants
- Solar Photocatalytic Disinfection of Water
- Solar Photocatalysis: Fundamentals, Reactors and Applications
- Combined Photocatalysis-separation Processes for Water Treatment Using Hybrid Photocatalytic Membrane Reactor
- Process Integration. Concepts of Integration and Coupling of Photocatalysis With Other Processes
- Photocatalytic Purification and Disinfection of Air
- Self-cleaning Photocatalytic Activity: Materials and Applications
- Photocatalysis and Photoelectrocatalysis for Energy Generation Using Photofuelcells
- Photocatalytic Hydrogen Generation
- New Synthetic Routes in Heterogeneous Photocatalysis
- an Overview of the Potential Applications of TiO2 Photocatalysis for Food Packaging, Medical Implants, and Chemical Compound Delivery.
Buy hardback £300.00 *
Detlef Bahnemann is a Professor at the Institute for Technical Chemistry, Gottfried Wilhelm Leibniz University of Hannover, Germany, and Director of the Laboratory for Photoactive Nanocomposite Materials at Saint-Petersburg State University, Russia. He has worked in the field of photocatalysis for over 30 years.
Jenny Schneider is a Researcher at the Institute for Technical Chemistry, Gottfried Wilhelm Leibniz University of Hannover, Germany. She is a specialist in time-resolved investigations of photocatalytic processes.
Jinhua Ye is Managing Director for the Photo-Catalytic Materials Center (PCMC) at the National Institute for Materials Science, Japan. Her research is dedicated to developing new photocatalytic materials for environment preservation.
Gianluca Li Puma is Professor of Chemical and Environmental Engineering at Loughborough University, UK. He is an expert in reaction and reactor engineering, including photochemical and photocatalytic systems.
Dionysios D. Dionysiou is a Professor in the Environmental Engineering and Science Program, Department of Biomedical, Chemical and Environmental Engineering (DBCEE), University of Cincinnati, USA. He has over 20 years of experience in the field of photocatalysis.