Jump to main content
Jump to site search
Access to RSC content Close the message box

Continue to access RSC content when you are not at your institution. Follow our step-by-step guide.


Issue 26, 2019
Previous Article Next Article

Probing ultrafast dynamics during and after passing through conical intersections

Author affiliations

Abstract

Time-resolved photoelectron spectroscopy using vacuum-UV probe pulses enables observing ultrafast dynamics during and after passing through conical intersections (CIs). The ring-puckering CI plays a prominent role following the ππ* photoexcitation of furan. More than 90% of the excited molecules safely return to the original ground state, while the remaining 10% transforms into isomers after passing through the puckering CI.

Graphical abstract: Probing ultrafast dynamics during and after passing through conical intersections

Back to tab navigation

Supplementary files

Article information


Submitted
13 Jul 2018
Accepted
24 Sep 2018
First published
24 Sep 2018

Phys. Chem. Chem. Phys., 2019,21, 13902-13905
Article type
Communication

Probing ultrafast dynamics during and after passing through conical intersections

S. Adachi, T. Schatteburg, A. Humeniuk, R. Mitrić and T. Suzuki, Phys. Chem. Chem. Phys., 2019, 21, 13902
DOI: 10.1039/C8CP04426K

Social activity

Search articles by author

Spotlight

Advertisements