Jump to main content
Jump to site search

Issue 22, 2014
Previous Article Next Article

Antenna effects in truxene-bridged BODIPY triarylzinc(II)porphyrin dyads: evidence for a dual Dexter–Förster mechanism

Author affiliations

Abstract

The antenna process from an energy donor (BODIPY; 4′,4′-difluoro-1′,3′,5′,7′-tetramethyl-4′-bora-3a′,4a′-diaza-s-indacene) in its singlet state to two acceptors (two zinc(II) 5,15-p-tolyl-10-phenylporphyrin) bridged by a central truxene residue (5′,5′′,10′,10′′,15′,15′′-hexabutyltruxene), 5, has been analysed by means of comparison of the energy transfer rates with those of a structurally similar β-substituted BODIPY-(zinc(II) 5,10,15-p-tolyl-porphyrin), 6, where no conjugation is present between the donor and the two acceptors using the Förster resonance energy transfer (FRET) approximation. It is estimated that the energy transfer in 5 operates mostly via a Dexter mechanism (>99%), and the remaining proceeds via a Förster mechanism (<1%). This information is useful for the design of future molecular devices aimed at harvesting light.

Graphical abstract: Antenna effects in truxene-bridged BODIPY triarylzinc(ii)porphyrin dyads: evidence for a dual Dexter–Förster mechanism

Back to tab navigation

Supplementary files

Publication details

The article was received on 26 Dec 2013, accepted on 24 Feb 2014 and first published on 25 Feb 2014


Article type: Paper
DOI: 10.1039/C3DT53630K
Author version
available:
Download author version (PDF)
Citation: Dalton Trans., 2014,43, 8219-8229
  •   Request permissions

    Antenna effects in truxene-bridged BODIPY triarylzinc(II)porphyrin dyads: evidence for a dual Dexter–Förster mechanism

    H. Xu, A. Bonnot, P. Karsenti, A. Langlois, M. Abdelhameed, J. Barbe, C. P. Gros and P. D. Harvey, Dalton Trans., 2014, 43, 8219
    DOI: 10.1039/C3DT53630K

Search articles by author

Spotlight

Advertisements